Counseling Your Teen Clients About Long Acting Reversible Contraceptives
This session demonstrates how incorporating youth development principles when counseling teens about long acting reversible contraceptives (LARCs) can enhance teen knowledge, perception, and use of LARCs. Topics discussed will include conveying to teens the links between using LARCs, delaying pregnancy, and achieving goals; informing teens about intrauterine contraceptives (IUCs) and contraceptive implants; and integrating dialogue on sexually transmitted infection (STI) prevention in teen LARC counseling.
At the conclusion, participants will be able to:
- Discuss contraceptives in the context of youth development principles.
- Explain the advantages of LARCs to teens.
- Help teens prepare for likely side effects of LARCs.
- Talk to teens about STI protection in addition to using LARCs.
- Training Resource for Male Condoms
- Integrating SBCC into Service Delivery Programs
- HTSP Online Course
- Data Visualization- An Introduction
- Men's Reproductive Health Curriculum
- Population, Health, and Environment Basics
- Family Planning and HIV Service Integration E-Learning Course
- CDCynergy Web
- CDCynergy Social Marketing Edition
- JHSPH Open Courseware: Entertainment Education for Behavior Change
March 25, 2019