Community-Led Action (CLA) for COVID-19: A Field Manual for Community Mobilisers
This Field Manual was developed by GOAL for GOAL community mobilizers implementing the Community-Led Action (CLA) approach to reduce the spread of COVID-19 in their communities. GOAL is an international humanitarian and development agency, committed to working with communities to achieve sustainable and innovative early response in crises, and lasting solutions to poverty and vulnerability.It can also be used by other organisations who wish to implement the CLA approach as part of the COVID-19 pandemic response.
This Field Manual supports community mobilizers (CMs) in implementing CLA’s five steps. It provides CMs with Participatory Learning and Action (PLA) tools and ideas for empowering communities to do their own analysis and take their own action to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The CLA approach recognises that communities have the power and the agency to stop the spread of COVID-19 and protect themselves. The approach also recognises that contexts and communities vary widely, and as such, the guidance given should be adapted and tailored to suit local conditions.
More Trending Topic Coronavirus COVID-19 Tools resources
- Community-Led Action (CLA) for COVID-19: A Field Manual for Community Mobilisers
- Rights in the Time of COVID-19: Lessons from HIV for an effective, community-led response
- Community-Based Health and First Aid COVID-19 Manuals
- Community-based Health Care, including Outreach and Campaigns,in the Context of the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Actions to Support Media, Enhance Access to Information, and Leverage Digital Technologies in the Fight Against the Pandemic
- Translators without Borders Glossary for COVID-19
- How to Support Displaced Populations' Mental Health during Lockdown
- Considerations and Principles for Shielding People at High Risk of Severe Outcomes from COVID-19
- Safe Ramadan Practices in the Context of the COVID-19: Interim Guidance
- Early Estimates of the Indirect Effects of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Maternal and Child Mortality in Low-income and Middle-income Countries: a Modelling Study
May 17, 2020