Building Trust while Influencing Online COVID-19 Content in the Social Media World
Because of COVID-19's strict physical distancing measures, people are heavily reliant on maintaining connectivity using global digital social networks, such as Facebook or Twitter, to facilitate human interaction and information sharing about the virus.
In this article, the authors discuss some ways in which social media has undermined effective responses to COVID-19. They consider how various groups could respond to these challenges—especially government leaders, social media companies, and healthcare providers. Ultimately, these actors each have roles to play in preventing social media from being weaponised to sow distrust and further endanger public health, while also ensuring that social media can fulfill its essential civic function of facilitating good faith political expression and discourse.
- YouTube as a Source of Information on COVID-19: A Pandemic of Misinformation?
- Actions to Support Media, Enhance Access to Information, and Leverage Digital Technologies in the Fight Against the Pandemic
- KAP COVID: Exploring Knowledge, Attitudes, and Practices for COVID-19 Prevention
- Practical Guidance for Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) for Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), Migrants, and Host Communities Particularly Vulnerable to COVID-19 Pandemic
- A Guide to WHO’s Guidance on COVID-19
- COVID-19: The Gendered Impacts of the Outbreak
- Fighting an epidemic of misinformation The importance of science and learning in dealing with coronavirus
- Religious Leaders Play Key Role in Battle against COVID-19
- Combating the Disinfodemic: Working for Truth in the Time of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Simple Answers to Top Questions Risk Communication Field Guide Questions and Key Messages
- A Coordinated Public-Private Sector Response in Liberia to COVID-19
- IAS Conference E-posters
- Atelier d’évaluation et de ré-planification du plan d’action opérationnel intégré de la communication de risque 2020
- Guide for the Preparation of a Risk Communication Strategy for COVID-19 Vaccines: A Resource for the Countries of the Americas
- COVID-19 in Africa: The Nuances of Social Distancing and Handwashing
July 21, 2020