Behavior-Centered Approaches to Improve Health Outcomes
This technical brief presents the WASHplus approach to behavior change applied in various country settings to improve WASH practices and serve as the foundation of the project’s global guidance.
WASHplus refers to its particular behavior change approach as behavior-centered to emphasize its comprehensive nature and to clearly distinguish it from one particular change tactic, behavior change communication (BCC). The approach draws on behavior theory and evidence from previous program experience.
- Small Doable Actions: A Feasible Approach to Behavior Change
- A Field Guide to Designing a Health Communication Strategy
- The Behavior Change Framework
- JHU/CCP Pathways Models
- Barrier Analysis Questionnaires
- Learning Package for SBCC Facilitator's Guide
- Social and Behavior Change Capacity Assessment Tool for Donors and Networks
- Social and Behavior Change Capacity Assessment Tool for Use with Organizations
- Social and Behavior Change Capacity Assessment Tool for Individuals [Facilitator's Guide and Assessment Tool]
- Preventing HIV/AIDS among Adolescents through Integrated Communication Programming [Manual]
March 25, 2019