Adolescent HIV Testing, Counselling and Care
This tool is a follow-on to the 2013 WHO guidance document - HIV and Adolescents: Guidance for Testing and Counseling and Care for Adolescents Living with HIV.
The tool illustrates, animates and amplifies the recommendations and key messages of the formal guidelines with practical guidance and engaging, multi-format resources for reaching adolescents and providing more appropriate, appealing and effective HIV testing and counselling, treatment and care services specifically for them. The tool also covers operational considerations that must be addressed for effective implementation of the recommendations. It presents concrete, practice examples of service delivery approaches that have been successful and practical tools that have been useful for some programmes, and that can be replicated or adapted to suit specific settings. It also presents the perspectives of adolescents living with HIV, health providers and planners.
- Guidance for the Prevention of Sexually Transmitted HIV Infections
- Toolkit for Transition of Care and Other Services for Adolescents Living with HIV
- Driving the HIV response: Community Guide to the WHO 2013 Consolidated Guidelines on the Use of Antiretroviral Drugs for Treating and Preventing HIV Infection
- Addressing the Needs of Young People Living with HIV
- Consolidated Guideline on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights of Women Living with HIV
- Adolescents Living with HIV (ALHIV) Toolkit
- Treatment 2015
- Positive Connections: Leading Information and Support Groups for Adolescents Living with HIV
- Ending the AIDS Epidemic for Adolescents, with Adolescents: A Practical Guide to Meaningfully Engage Adolescents in the AIDS Response
- Guidelines for the Use of Antiretroviral Agents in HIV-1-Infected Adults and Adolescents
April 13, 2020