Active Case Finding with Case Management: the Key to Tackling the COVID-19 Pandemic
The authors describe China’s strategies for prevention and control of COVID-19 (containment and suppression) and their application, from the perspective of the COVID-19 experience to date in China.
Although China has contained severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) and nearly stopped indigenous transmission, a strong suppression effort must continue to prevent re-establishment of community transmission from importation-related cases.
The authors believe that case finding and management, with identification and quarantine of close contacts, are vitally important containment measures and are essential in China’s pathway forward. They describe the next steps planned in China that follow the containment effort, and believe that sharing countries’ experiences will help the global community manage the COVID-19 pandemic by identifying what works in the struggle against SARS-CoV-2.
More Trending Topic Coronavirus COVID-19 Tools resources
- Practical Guidance for Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) for Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), Migrants, and Host Communities Particularly Vulnerable to COVID-19 Pandemic
- Actions to Support Media, Enhance Access to Information, and Leverage Digital Technologies in the Fight Against the Pandemic
- Measures to Ensure the Continuity of the Response to Malaria in the Americas during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Coronavirus Pandemic: Tracking the Global Outbreak
- Guidance for Including People with Disabilities in Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Malaria Social and Behaviour Change Program Guidance in the Context of COVID-19 Pandemic
- Millions More Cases of Violence, Child Marriage, Female Genital Mutilation, Unintended Pregnancy Expected due to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Identifying & Mitigating Gender-based Violence Risks within the COVID-19 Response
- COVID-19: Resources to Address Gender-based Violence Risks
- Pandemics and Violence Against Women and Children
- Atelier d’évaluation et de ré-planification du plan d’action opérationnel intégré de la communication de risque 2020
- Addressing Reproductive, Maternal, and Child Health and Family Planning Needs of Young, First-Time Parents in the Eastern Region of Burkina Faso
- Improving Family Planning Outcomes for First-Time Parents in the Greater Mahale Ecosystem of Tanzania (Brief)
- A Coordinated Public-Private Sector Response in Liberia to COVID-19
- Malaria-themed Radio Magazine Program
June 8, 2020