14 Actions You Can Take to Adapt Your FP/RH Program for COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed virtually every aspect of life around the world. Restrictions on movement and gatherings are impacting access to contraceptives and health care. Community health workers and providers, who are key linkages to service provision in many contexts, are also limited in their movements.
Adapting programs to this changing landscape, or even knowing where to start, can feel daunting. Several organizations have provided important guidance on voluntary reproductive health care and family planning and gender and gender-based violence in the current context of COVID-19.
These 14 recommendations will position programs and organizations to better adapt to shifting realities and help to ensure that the needs of women and girls are met in these uncertain times. The ability to act quickly, efficiently, and effectively are critical in outbreak responses. As indirect impacts to reproductive health care and voluntary family planning continue to evolve, these skills will be paramount. And they will strengthen your program’s position no matter what the future holds.
- 14 Actions You Can Take Today to Adapt your Program for COVID-19: Recommendations from FP/RH Advisors
- Maternal, Newborn, and Reproductive Health and COVID-19: Adaptations, Successes, Challenges, and Next Steps. An Expert Consultation
- Guidance on Social and Behavior Change for Family Planning During COVID-19
- How Your Community can Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
- COVID-19 Planning Guide for Adapting Risk Communication and Community Engagement as Public Health and Social Measures Shift: With Safety Tips for Conducting Community Meetings
- Long-Term Care Facility Toolkit: Preparing for COVID-19 Vaccination at Your Facility
- COVID-19 and Family Planning Resource Center
- Why the Promotion of Family Planning Makes More Sense Now Than Ever Before?
- Toolkit to Spread Awareness and Take Action on COVID-19
- Prevent, Detect, Respond: How Community Health Workers can Help in the Fight against COVID-19
- My Hero is You, How Kids can Fight COVID-19!
- Four Things You Can Do to Support Your Teen’s Mental Health
- What Can You Do to Fight Stigma associated with COVID-19?
- Awareness of COVID-19 for Pharmacy Professionals- User Testimonials
- Awareness of COVID-19 for Pharmacy Professionals- Community Pharmacy Interventions
August 10, 2020