Wazazi Nipendeni - Malaria Prevention During Pregnancy
Wazazi Nipendeni (Love me, parents) is a national, multi-channel social and behavior change communication campaign in Tanzania that aims to empower pregnant women and their partners to take the steps necessary for a healthy pregnancy and safe delivery. This poster was a part of the campaign's package of materials provided to health facilities.
All materials intended for use at the health facility level were distributed at central level to Wazazi Nipendeni service delivery partners, who in turn distributed them to the hospitals, health centers, and dispensaries in which they operate. Materials were expected to reach over 3,400 of Tanzania’s approximately 5,000 health facilities through the 11 collaborating service delivery partners.
SP posters encourage pregnant women to receive two doses of SP for the prevention of malaria in pregnancy, and include a referral to the SMS system. Posters are meant to be hung in locations visible to ANC clients at the health facility.
- Beyond the ABCs of FTPs: A Deep Dive into Emerging Considerations for First Time Parent Programs
- Healthy Timing and Spacing of Pregnancy Fact Sheet
- Zika and Pregnancy: Questions and Answers
- SBCC for Malaria in Pregnancy: Strategy Development Guidance
- Family Planning Discussion Topics for Voluntary Counseling and Testing
- Love, Children and Family Planning: Seven Discussion Guides for Christian Small Groups
- The Behavior Change Framework
- Accelerator Behaviors
- COVID-19 in Pregnancy and Lactation
- Talking to Children about Illness and Death of a Loved One during the COVID-19 Pandemic