Wazazi Nipendeni - Individual Birth Planning
Wazazi Nipendeni (Love me, parents) is a national, multi-channel social and behavior change communication campaign in Tanzania that aims to empower pregnant women and their partners to take the steps necessary for a healthy pregnancy and safe delivery. This brochure was a part of the campaign's package of materials provided to health facilities.
All materials intended for use at the health facility level were distributed at central level to Wazazi Nipendeni service delivery partners, who in turn distributed them to the hospitals, health centers, and dispensaries in which they operate. Materials were expected to reach over 3,400 of Tanzania’s approximately 5,000 health facilities through the 11 collaborating service delivery partners.
The Wazazi Nipendeni individual birth planning (IBP) brochure contains pictures and text descriptions of the six key components of individual birth planning, as well as space to write in the plan for each of the components: due date, name of the health facility for delivery, plan for transport to the health facility, supplies to take to the health facility, who will accompany the woman to the health facility, and who will take care of the home while the mother is away. The brochure also gives information on the normal signs of labor and danger signs during pregnancy, labor, and delivery, as well as a list of the tests, services, and supplies a woman should receive during pregnancy. IBP brochures are meant to be filled out together with the provider during an early ANC visit, brought home and discussed with the pregnant woman’s partner and birth supporters, and brought back at each ANC visit to update with any changes to the plan. The brochure also encourages users to enroll in the SMS platform for more information.
- Family Planning Discussion Topics for Voluntary Counseling and Testing
- Love, Children and Family Planning: Seven Discussion Guides for Christian Small Groups
- Zika and Pregnancy: Questions and Answers
- Beyond the ABCs of FTPs: A Deep Dive into Emerging Considerations for First Time Parent Programs
- Healthy Timing and Spacing of Pregnancy Fact Sheet
- Nonprofit Social Media Checklist
- The P-Process
- Concept Brief: Pretesting
- Key considerations: Quarantine in the Context of COVID-19
- Creative Concept Mockup Example
March 25, 2019