TCCP Final Report 2010-2016
This is the final report of The Tanzania Capacity and Communication Project (TCCP), a 6-year (2010-2016) USAID-funded project led by CCP in collaboration with Media for Development International, CARE Tanzania, and the Tanzania Communication and Development Center (TCDC). The Project envisioned a Tanzania where people take charge of their own health, creating healthy households where individual changes in health lead to healthier families and communities.
TCCP’s goals were to increase the adoption of safer behaviors by Tanzanian adults and high-risk populations (adults and youth) in the areas of HIV prevention and treatment, family planning, maternal, newborn and child health, and malaria, to build the capacity of Tanzanian individuals and institutions in Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) skills, and to improve the coordination structures for the implementation of SBCC activities.
TCCP had three strategic objectives:
1. Execute evidence-based, coordinated social and behavior change communication initiatives at scale.
2. Reinforce systems for coordinating and delivering social and behavior change communication at national, regional, and district levels.
3. Transfer social and behavior change communication skills to Tanzanian institutions and individuals.
- Factors Impacting Use of Health Services by First-time/Young parents: A Formative Research Toolkit
- “Because my Husband and I Have Never Had a Baby Before…” Results and Lessons from Interventions with First-Time Parents in Madagascar, Mozambique, and Nigeria
- Nutrition Critical: Why We Must Act Now to Tackle Child Malnutrition
- The Essential Package: Holistically Addressing the Needs of Young Vulnerable Children and Their Caregivers Affected by HIV and AIDS
- HIV and Sexual and Reproductive Health Programming: Innovative Approaches to Integrated Service Delivery
- Improving the Uptake and Adherence of Iron Folic Acid Supplements among Pregnant and Lactating Women
- Early Estimates of the Indirect Effects of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Maternal and Child Mortality in Low-income and Middle-income Countries: a Modelling Study
- Accelerator Behaviors
- The Behavior Change Framework