Supporting Orphans and other Vulnerable Children through Communication and Basic Counselling: A Reference Guide for Service Providers
This guide has been written as a reference resource for non-professional counselors and staff working with orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) who need to know how to provide some basic counselling as part of psychosocial support for the children in their care or through their projects.
This guide aims to provide information and guidance which can be used with other resources.
The guide aims to: strengthen the capacity of service providers to address the individual and collective psychosocial needs of children and young people; provide an easy to use two-in-one guide and reference material for child counselors; promote the personal and professional development of counselors and other staff working with children and young people; and help service providers to assess and deal with challenges in working with orphans and other vulnerable children.
The Alliance, as part of the CORE Initiative Project in Uganda developed this publication as part of a series of tools and guides to support the development of the Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development (MGSLD) Orphans and Other Vulnerable Children Programme.
- Toolkit for Transition of Care and Other Services for Adolescents Living with HIV
- Guidance for Providing Informed-Choice Counseling on Sexual Health for Women Interested in PrEP: Kenya and South Africa
- Antiretroviral Therapy for HIV Infection in Infants and Children: Recommendations for a Public Health Approach
- Healthy Timing and Spacing Of Pregnancy: A Trainer’s Reference Guide
- Family Planning Discussion Topics for Voluntary Counseling and Testing
- Internal Stakeholder Engagement Workshop Toolkit
- Men's Reproductive Health Curriculum
- Joint WHO/ILO Guidelines on Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) to Prevent HIV Infection
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- Integrating SBCC into Service Delivery Programs
- Family Planning Themed Video Clips For Community Mobilization
- IPC Training Aid Video and User's Manual
- Discussion Cards (Hill, Mountain, Terai)
- Implication des leaders religieux à travers une conception centrée sur l'humain au Niger/ Engaging Religious Leaders through Human Centered Design in Niger
- Provider Training Video