Suaahara Posters on 7 Key Messages
Suaahara was a five year (2011-2016) project funded by USAID aimed to improve the nutritional status of women and children in 41 districts of Nepal. The project focused on improving health and nutrition behaviors at the household level through promotion of Essential Nutrition and Hygiene Actions (EN/HA), particularly Maternal, Infant and Young Child Nutrition (MIYCN), and addressing other determinants of under-nutrition, such as availability of and access to food, hygiene, quality of health care, child spacing and socio-cultural factors including gender and marginalization.
The SBCC strategy established an internal quality materials review and production system to ensure that all partners in the consortium had mutually reinforcing, quality materials developed, pretested, produced and disseminated to the end user.
Suaahara Posters on 7 key messages
Suaahara posters were developed on the seven (7) key messages as following:
- Hand washing at critical times
- Dispose child feces in toilet
- How to keep baby away from dirt
- Extra Meal for Pregnant and Lactating Women
- Complementary Food
- Feeding Sick Child
- Birth spacing
In the year 2014, these posters were developed, produced and disseminated in the Suaahara implementing districts through local NGOs partners. The same poster adapted to hoarding board and placed various public places of the districts.
- Suaahara Training Guidelines and Participant Handbooks
- Maternal Newborn Child Health- Nutrition Quality Improvement Tools
- GESI Toolkit
- Suaahara Health Facility Operation and Management Committee Capacity Building Training and Operation Guidelines
- Driving the HIV response: Community Guide to the WHO 2013 Consolidated Guidelines on the Use of Antiretroviral Drugs for Treating and Preventing HIV Infection
- Promoting Uptake of Intermittent Preventive Treatment of Malaria in Pregnancy
- Promoting Quality Malaria Medicine through Social and Behavior Change Communication
- Toolkit for Transition of Care and Other Services for Adolescents Living with HIV
- SBCC for Malaria in Pregnancy: Strategy Development Guidance
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions