Speaking About Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) [Flipchart, Kenya]
This flipchart is part of the VMMC Communication Toolkit which was developed to create and sustain demand for Voluntary Male Medical Circumcision (VMMC) and reinforce that, while VMMC reduces risk for men, it does not prevent
The toolkit consists of communication materials, posters and pamphlets, a video, tools, a video discussion guide, a guide to working with the media, and a guide for adapting materials. The Toolkit targets affected audiences in Kenya's Nyanza province and includes a communication guide that builds upon the national VMMC strategy.
The flipchart is meant to be used in a clinic setting. One side of each page is viewed by the client, and the other is viewed by the counselor or health provider. The topics covered include how circumcision protects against HIV, making the decision to have the procedure, preparing for it, what happens during the procedure, what happens after the procedure, healing, and other ways to protect from HIV.
- Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision Communication Materials Adaptation Guide
- Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC): Demand Creation Toolkit
- Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision Infographic
- Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision In-Service Communication Best Practices Guide
- Family Planning Discussion Topics for Voluntary Counseling and Testing
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- HIV-Related Stigma and Discrimination Toolkit
- Zika and Pregnancy: Questions and Answers
- Zika App
- Community Mosquito Control