Social and Behavior Change Capacity Assessment Report-Nepal 2018
Breakthrough ACTION Nepal is a two-year (2017–2019) project funded by the USAID and led by CCP in partnership with the National Health Education Information Communication Center (NHEICC) and Family Welfare Division (FWD) and in collaboration with USAID’s Strengthening Systems for Better Health (SSBH) project and other partners. The overall objective of the project is to strengthen institutional and technical capacity of the Government of Nepal to design, implement, evaluate, and coordinate effective social and behavior change (SBC) programs.
In 2018, Breakthrough ACTION Nepal, in collaboration with NHEICC, worked closely with government and civic representatives to organize and facilitate a series of systematic assessments to gauge capacity in SBC design, implementation, evaluation, and coordination.
The assessments employed a workshop-style format supplemented with key informant interviews conducted with internal and external stakeholders. The first assessment took place at the central level with NHEICC for which various SBC capacity assessments have been implemented in the past.
Overall, results from the 2018 assessment indicate a need for a robust plan and sustained capacity-strengthening efforts to reinforce the SBC system in Nepal. Major gaps identified in 2018 included program management (using evidence-based SBC program design and implementation), knowledge management, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) to strengthen outcome tracking and guide program design and refinements. Advocacy, coordination, and strategy development also were identified as specific gaps at the local level.
- Social Franchising: Improving Quality and Expanding Contraceptive Choice in the Private Sector
- The Strategic Framework for Malaria Social and Behaviour Change Communication 2018-2030
- Alma Ata Declaration, 1978
- Improving Interpersonal Communication Between Health Care Providers and Clients
- Engaging the Private Sector in Maternal and Neonatal Health in Low and Middle Income Countries
- PAHO Strategic and Operational Plan for Responding to Pandemic Influenza
- Provider Behavior Change Implementation Kit
- Zika Virus Global Emergency Response Plan
- Technical Specifications Content Guide for Behaviors with High Potential to Prevent Zika
- Promoting Quality Malaria Medicines Through SBCC: An Implementation Kit
- Capacity Strengthening Planning Report for National Health, Education, Information and Communication Centre-Nepal
- Situation Analysis of Nutrition in Southern Sudan: Analysis Based on June 2009 Assessment
- Insights Report: Using human-centered design to identify improved behavioral and structural solutions for Zika Prevention
- Suaahara Final Dissemination Documents
- Saath-Saath Bulletins