Scotland's National Action Plan to Prevent and Eradicate FGM
The purpose of this National Action Plan is to foster an environment of prevention in Scotland and to improve the welfare and quality of life of FGM survivors, with a focus on the linked areas of prevention, protecting girls at risk of FGM; and provision of appropriate support and sensitive services for survivors of FGM.
The strategic approach of the plan recognizes the need to prioritize prevention/protection from FGM, provision of services/ appropriate support to those who have experienced FGM, and to hold perpetrators to account.
- The REPLACE Approach: Supporting Communities to End FGM
- Toolkit for Engaging Midwives in the Global Campaign to End FGM
- Behavior Change to End FGM
- Do Your Own Survey: How to Collect Data on FGM
- Fact Sheet on FGM
- Health Risks of FGM
- Manual on Social Norms and Change
- WHO Guidelines on the Management of Health Complications from Female Genital Mutilation
- Responding to Female Genital Mutilation: A Guide for Key Professionals
- Female Genital Mutilation and Behaviour Change