Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) Considerations: Ebola Response in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
This document is intended to be used to guide risk communication and community engagement (RCCE) work which is central to stopping the outbreak and preventing its further amplification.
Unlike other areas of response, RCCE draws heavily on volunteers, frontline personnel and on people without prior training in this area. As such, the document provides basic background information, scopes the socio-economic and cultural aspects (that are known at the time of publication), and provides the latest evidence-based advice and approaches based on WHO’s Guideline: Communicating Risk in Public Health Emergencies, 2018.
The document also annexes a checklist for RCCE considerations in all pillars of the response, from surveillance and contact tracing to clinical care and safe and dignified burials.
- The Importance of Social and Behavioral Change Response in the Zika Outbreak: Lessons Learned from Ebola
- Emergency Preparedness and Response Training
- Cholera Outbreak: Assessing the Outbreak Response and Improving Preparedness
- Risk Communication and Community Engagement for Zika Virus Prevention and Control
- Driving the HIV response: Community Guide to the WHO 2013 Consolidated Guidelines on the Use of Antiretroviral Drugs for Treating and Preventing HIV Infection
- Social and Behavior Change Considerations for Areas Transitioning from High and Moderate to Low, Very Low and Zero Malaria Transmission
- Community Mosquito Control
- Zika Virus Global Emergency Response Plan
- PAHO Strategic and Operational Plan for Responding to Pandemic Influenza
- Using Media and Communication to Respond to Public Health Emergencies: Lessons Learned from Ebola
- Risk Communication and Community Engagement Preparedness and Readiness Framework: Ebola Response in the Democratic Republic of Congo in North Kivu
- Ebola Risk Communication Plan Checklist
- Family Planning Dialogue Guide for Community Health Volunteers in DRC
- Healthy Behavior Radio Spots [DRC]
- Radio Training Course [DRC]