Religious Leaders Training Kit on Family Health - Sermons Booklet
From 2004 to 2013, the Jordan Health Communication Partnership (JHCP) was a national, cross-cutting behavior change communication program that envisioned a health competent Jordan in which communication empowers individuals, families, communities, and institutions with the knowledge, skills, and resources needed to improve and sustain health.
The JHCP Religious Leaders training program was designed to build the capacities of female and male Religious Leaders in advocating for family health according to the Laws of Islam. The program designed and produced this kit in cooperation with the Ministry of Awqaf and Islamic Affairs and the Higher Population Council. All Religious Leaders in Zarqa Governorate and most Religious Leaders in Irbid Governorate were trained on reproductive health and family planning. This booklet, " A Friday Sermons and Religious Lessons on Family Health Booklet," was designed to provide religious leaders with family health content for their Friday sermons.
Six months after-training, religious leaders identified a greater number of FP methods deemed to be acceptable according to Islamic Law, expressed more positive attitudes toward FP and preached and/or counseled more about RH/FP and gender equity compared to pre-training. JHCP’s Religious Leaders Program reached a total of 218,500 individuals.
More Religious Leaders Training Kit on Family Health resources
- Entertainment-Education Curriculum
- Training Toolkit on MSM Programming for the MENA Region
- FGM Infographics
- Birth Spacing and Family Welfare Sermons
- Faith-Based Engagement in Family Planning
- Compassion in a Time of COVID-19
- Practical Considerations and Recommendations for Religious Leaders and Faith-based Communities in the Context of COVID-19
- Translators without Borders Glossary for COVID-19
- Love, Children and Family Planning: Seven Discussion Guides for Christian Small Groups
- Engaging Faith Leaders in Family Planning