REAL Fathers Initiative
The primary objective of the Responsible, Engaged and Loving (REAL) Fathers Initiative is to develop and test a set of interventions to reduce intimate partner violence and harsh punishment of children among young fathers (ages 16-25) in post-conflict northern Uganda.
The pilot project involved fathers between the ages of 16 and 25 years who are parenting a child between the ages of one and three years old. The scale-up project's goal was to test a model for scale up of the successful pilot through economic strengthening, child care and development programming integration.
- Lessons Learned from an Integrated Approach for Reaching First-time Young Parents in Nigeria
- Training Tools: Providing Family Planning and Reproductive Health to Young Married Women and First-Time Parents in West Africa
- Beyond the ABCs of FTPs: A Deep Dive into Emerging Considerations for First Time Parent Programs
- Evidence to Action (E2A) Project's First-Time Parent Framework
- Factors Impacting Use of Health Services by First-time/Young parents: A Formative Research Toolkit
- “Because my Husband and I Have Never Had a Baby Before…” Results and Lessons from Interventions with First-Time Parents in Madagascar, Mozambique, and Nigeria
- Scaling-Up First-Time and Young Parent Access to Postpartum Family Planning: Could Small Shifts Change the Game?
- Connect: Increasing Use of Pospartum Family Planning by First-Time Parents
- Reaching the Youngest Moms and Dads: A Socio-Ecological View of Actors and Factors Influencing First-time Young Parents’ Use of Sexual and Reproductive Health Services in Madagascar
- Meeting the Sexual and Reproductive Health Needs of Young Married Women and First-time Parents Toolkit
- Our First Baby: Health Education for Adolescents Who are Pregnant or First-Time Parents
- Improving Family Planning Outcomes for First-Time Parents in the Greater Mahale Ecosystem of Tanzania (Brief)
- Reaching Young Women and First-Time Moms with Friendly, Lifesaving Services in Madagascar
- Reaching Young Married Women & First-Time Parents for Healthy Timing and Spacing of Pregnancies
- Setting Newlyweds Up for Success: A Young Couple Talks Straight about Family Planning in Congo