Our Letter to Sindh: Your Movement to Save Mothers and Children
In 2014, USAID committed $18.4 million to create the first health communication project in Pakistan: the Health Communication Component.
The mission of the Health Communication Component was to launch a movement to save the lives of mothers and children in Sindh. The movement,Bright Stars – Working Together for a Brighter Future, reached over 43 million people. It inspired people – community members, health workers, faith actors, journalists, and government officials – to work together to advance behaviors necessary to achieve and sustain a healthy population in the province. After four years of the project, both the maternal mortality and child mortality rates have dropped.
This "letter" to the people in Sindh explains many of the program activities of the project and links to other resources as well.
- Entertainment-Education Curriculum
- Noora Health COVID-19 Resources
- Training Toolkit on MSM Programming for the MENA Region
- FGM Infographics
- Supporting your Child’s Mental Health as They Return to School during COVID-19
- What Really Influences our Behaviours?
- Do Your Own Survey: How to Collect Data on FGM
- PROGRES_SBCC Sample Preparation Letter
- COVID-19 Communication Materials for the Americas
- Counseling Your Teen Clients About Long Acting Reversible Contraceptives
March 25, 2019