Our First Baby: Health Education for Adolescents Who are Pregnant or First-Time Parents
The Our First Baby Facilitator’s Guide contains nine participatory sessions to be used in small group sessions with first-time mothers and their male partners. Sessions cover fertility, antenatal care, care of the mother during pregnancy, first-time fatherhood, birth planning/delivery, newborn and postpartum care, exclusive breastfeeding, healthy timing and spacing of pregnancy, family planning, sexually transmitted infections, HIV, and gender-based violence.
The Facilitator's Guide is accompanied by a Flipbook. Each page of the Flipbook has pictures on one side and an explanation to be used by the facilitator on the other side.
- “Because my Husband and I Have Never Had a Baby Before…” Results and Lessons from Interventions with First-Time Parents in Madagascar, Mozambique, and Nigeria
- Training Tools: Providing Family Planning and Reproductive Health to Young Married Women and First-Time Parents in West Africa
- Scaling-Up First-Time and Young Parent Access to Postpartum Family Planning: Could Small Shifts Change the Game?
- Beyond the ABCs of FTPs: A Deep Dive into Emerging Considerations for First Time Parent Programs
- Factors Impacting Use of Health Services by First-time/Young parents: A Formative Research Toolkit
- Evidence to Action (E2A) Project's First-Time Parent Framework
- Connect: Increasing Use of Pospartum Family Planning by First-Time Parents
- Lessons Learned from an Integrated Approach for Reaching First-time Young Parents in Nigeria
- Reaching the Youngest Moms and Dads: A Socio-Ecological View of Actors and Factors Influencing First-time Young Parents’ Use of Sexual and Reproductive Health Services in Madagascar
- Meeting the Sexual and Reproductive Health Needs of Young Married Women and First-time Parents Toolkit
- Reaching Young Women and First-Time Moms with Friendly, Lifesaving Services in Madagascar
- Improving Family Planning Outcomes for First-Time Parents in the Greater Mahale Ecosystem of Tanzania (Brief)
- Improving Health and Gender Outcomes for First-Time Parents in Cross River State, Nigeria
- Results Roundup: Webinar on New Findings from First-Time Parent Programs
- Reaching Young Married Women & First-Time Parents for Healthy Timing and Spacing of Pregnancies