NURHI Distance Education Videos for Providers
NURHI (the Nigerian Urgan Health Initiative) launched the Interactive Health Education (iHED) system in November 2013 to provide a platform from which providers (midwives and doctors), primarily within family planning clients and integration points, can access relevant video-based educational content and resources from Android based smart phones or tablets.
The discovery of a high prevalence of myths, misconceptions and provider biases during the NURHI midline evaluation helped direct video development to help improve provider knowledge and performance. Some of the videos portray an "unsupportive" counselor as compared to a "supportive" one.
More Provider Behavior Change resources
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- Obstetric Fistula: Guiding Principles for Clinical Management and Program Development
- How to Reach Young Adolescents Toolkit
- Urban Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health SBCC I-Kit
- Family Planning Counselling Kit
- Toolkit for Transition of Care and Other Services for Adolescents Living with HIV
- How-To Guide for a Social Network Diffusion Intervention to Overcome Social Barriers to Family Planning
- SBCC for Malaria in Pregnancy: Strategy Development Guidance
- Promoting the Health of Men who Have Sex with Men Worldwide: A Training Curriculum for Providers
- Men's Reproductive Health Curriculum