Nepal IPCC Modules Comic Book
In order to increase the skills of health workers, and encourage them to apply the ABIBADAN-based counseling approach consistently and effectively. HC3 conducted a 3-day workshop to design supplementary IPCC modules using a scenario-based approach, that HWs can use in a self-learning environment to improve their counseling knowledge, skills and practice. Workshop participants developed the basic contents and scenarios for the supplementary-learning modules. With these supporting documents, HC3 developed and designed paper-based and mobile based application for family planning counseling.
The main five modules are as follows:
- Post-partum Family Planning with the objective for FP counselor to consider postpartum family planning a priority for clients starting at 45 days after delivery, demonstrate improved listening and questioning skills with postpartum client, refer EPI and ANC clients to Family Planning providers for counseling, and know what methods are appropriate for PPFP and when to give them.
- Client Choice with the objective for FP counselor to have knowledge of the basic steps to Family Planning counseling (ABHIBADAN and DMT), demonstrate improved listening skill with client, have an attitude that it is important to facilitate client choice for FP methods, increased knowledge and skills to facilitate client informed choice on FP method, and reduced provider bias based on parity
- Dealing with Side Effects with the objective for FP counselor to have knowledge of how to counsel for side effects before they get a method and if they are having a side effect, knowledge of how to manage side effects, demonstrate improved listening skill with client, and increase empathetic attitude towards clients dealing with side effects
- Clearing Misconceptions with the objective for FP counselor to deal the client for informed choice of Method, demonstrate improved clearing misconception skill with client, develop trustful relation with client, increased knowledge and skills to facilitate client informed choice on FP method, and reduced provider misconception on method specific.
- Migrants and Emergency Contraception with the objective for FP counselor to have knowledge of how to effectively counsel migrants about family planning, health worker will provide services based on the client’s needs, and increase sensitive attitude towards helping migrants.
- Family Planning Counselling Kit
- Men's Reproductive Health Curriculum
- Training Resource for Male Condoms
- Suaahara Training Guidelines and Participant Handbooks
- No-Scalpel Vasectomy Curriculum
- The (re)solve Project
- The HTSP Implementation Kit
- Designing and Implementing Integrated Approaches to Population, Health and Environment (PHE): Training Materials
- Using Data to Design an Evidence-based Social and Behavior Change Program in Rural Nepal
- How to Reach Young Adolescents Toolkit