My Dreams, My Choice! Toolkit
In support of the USAID DREAMS initiative in Malawi, SSDI-Communication adapted other evidence-based manuals for participatory group sessions from Malawi and surrounding countries to produce a toolkit for adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in Malawi.
The toolkit, “My DREAMS, My Choice!”, is a participatory toolkit for both in- and out-of-school girls. It provides a safe and fun opportunity for AGYW to understand their bodies as they transition from childhood to adulthood; gain skills knowledge and self-efficacy to live productive lives, free from HIV; develop social support networks and recognize safe spaces in their communities; feel empowered to speak for themselves and recognize the role they play in society and in shaping their future; help girls examine how gender norms and social roles operate and impact on their lives; and empower AGYW to access key health and other social services.
The toolkit uses Participatory Learning Approaches (PLA) and is participant centered, with content delivered through discussions, games, lectures, songs, demonstrations and role plays. The toolkit has a total of six modules and 24 sessions.
- Toolkit for Transition of Care and Other Services for Adolescents Living with HIV
- Guidance for Providing Informed-Choice Counseling on Sexual Health for Women Interested in PrEP: Kenya and South Africa
- Adolescents Living with HIV (ALHIV) Toolkit
- GESI Toolkit
- HIV-Related Stigma and Discrimination Toolkit
- Interpersonal Communication for Immunization (IPC-I)
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- African Transformation Toolkit
- Positive Connections: Leading Information and Support Groups for Adolescents Living with HIV
- IPC for Immunization Toolkit