My Dreams, My Choice! Toolkit
In support of the USAID DREAMS initiative in Malawi, SSDI-Communication adapted other evidence-based manuals for participatory group sessions from Malawi and surrounding countries to produce a toolkit for adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in Malawi.
The toolkit, “My DREAMS, My Choice!”, is a participatory toolkit for both in- and out-of-school girls. It provides a safe and fun opportunity for AGYW to understand their bodies as they transition from childhood to adulthood; gain skills knowledge and self-efficacy to live productive lives, free from HIV; develop social support networks and recognize safe spaces in their communities; feel empowered to speak for themselves and recognize the role they play in society and in shaping their future; help girls examine how gender norms and social roles operate and impact on their lives; and empower AGYW to access key health and other social services.
The toolkit uses Participatory Learning Approaches (PLA) and is participant centered, with content delivered through discussions, games, lectures, songs, demonstrations and role plays. The toolkit has a total of six modules and 24 sessions.
More Malawi Moyo ndi Mpamba Usamalireni Campaign resources
- IPC for Immunization Toolkit
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- Girl Safety Toolkit: A Resource for Practitioners
- GESI Toolkit
- Social Marketing: Leveraging the Private Sector to Improve Contraceptive Access, Choice, and Use
- Toolkit for Transition of Care and Other Services for Adolescents Living with HIV
- Gender Transformation for Health A Participatory Toolkit
- The REPLACE Approach: Supporting Communities to End FGM
- Love, Children and Family Planning: Seven Discussion Guides for Christian Small Groups
- Men's Reproductive Health Curriculum