My Dreams, My Choice! Toolkit
In support of the USAID DREAMS initiative in Malawi, SSDI-Communication adapted other evidence-based manuals for participatory group sessions from Malawi and surrounding countries to produce a toolkit for adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in Malawi.
The toolkit, “My DREAMS, My Choice!”, is a participatory toolkit for both in- and out-of-school girls. It provides a safe and fun opportunity for AGYW to understand their bodies as they transition from childhood to adulthood; gain skills knowledge and self-efficacy to live productive lives, free from HIV; develop social support networks and recognize safe spaces in their communities; feel empowered to speak for themselves and recognize the role they play in society and in shaping their future; help girls examine how gender norms and social roles operate and impact on their lives; and empower AGYW to access key health and other social services.
The toolkit uses Participatory Learning Approaches (PLA) and is participant centered, with content delivered through discussions, games, lectures, songs, demonstrations and role plays. The toolkit has a total of six modules and 24 sessions.
More Moyo ndi Mpamba Usamalireni Malawi resources
- Girl Safety Toolkit: A Resource for Practitioners
- Toolkit for Transition of Care and Other Services for Adolescents Living with HIV
- Advocating for Change for Adolescents’ Toolkit
- Positive Connections: Leading Information and Support Groups for Adolescents Living with HIV
- IPC for Immunization Toolkit
- Social Marketing: Leveraging the Private Sector to Improve Contraceptive Access, Choice, and Use
- Harnessing the Power of Videos
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- Guide to Strategic Communication Online
- Girl-Centered Program Design: A Toolkit to Develop, Strengthen and Expand Adolescent Girls Programs
- Community Mobilisation Toolkits and Fact Sheet
- SSDI–Communication Toolkit- Moyo ndi Mpamba
- Go Students! School-Based Life Skills for Girls and Boys: A Teacher's Manual
- Malawi- Moyo ndi Mpamba Campaign Marriage Counseling for Newlyweds Training Manual
- Empowering Boys and Girls to Change Gender Norms: CHOICES: A Curriculum for 10 to 14 Year Olds in Nepal