Mobilising Communities for Action on Health and Social Change - Community Mobilisation Strategy
This is a strategy for community mobilization as part of the Moyo ndi Mpbamba project in Malawi. It includes a description of how the project provided capacity strengthening support to Community Action Groups (CAGs) which were comprised of community health volunteers.
The project supported the establishment of 557 CAGs, with a membership of 8,000 CAG members, and provided them with 356 technical supportive supervisory visits. CAGs reached 2,357,470 people at community meetings through drama performances, poems, songs and with integrated messages on six health topics, and 678,924 households with health messages delivered with the support of the Family Health Booklet and Community Health Workers’ Flipchart. Over 50 Traditional Authorities and 557 Group Village Headmen engaged in community mobilization.
- Advocating for Social Marketing Programs to Local Stakeholders
- Moving the Needle on Health Behaviors
- GESI Toolkit
- MULTI-SBC: The Programmatic Aid for Multi-Sectoral Integration of SBC for FP Practitioners
- Using Data to Design an Evidence-based Social and Behavior Change Program in Rural Nepal
- The Behavior Change Framework
- The Infection Control Symbol Package
- Barrier Analysis Questionnaires
- WASH FIT / WASH FIT Mobile
- Hand Hygiene: Why, How & When?