mCenas! The Power of a Story
From September 2013 to June 2014, with support from USAID, Pathfinder implemented the mCenas! project (“Mobile Scenes” in English)—an interactive two way SMS system in Mozambique, accessible at no cost to clients. The goal of mCenas! was to reduce the barriers youth face in starting or continuing to use contraception by increasing their knowledge of and dispelling common myths about contraceptive methods. mCenas! engaged young people (aged 15-24) with an SMS-based role model story, in which characters were shown overcoming common barriers to contraceptive use faced by youth.
For more information on sexual and reproductive health, youth could also access a menu-based message system on their phone and were prompted to call a Ministry of Health- supported hotline, where live operators were poised to answer their questions.
More mCenas! (Mozambique) resources
- Harnessing the Power of Videos
- Creating Mobile Health Solutions for Behaviour Change: A Study of Eight Services in the mNutrition Initiative Portfolio
- The mHealth Planning Guide: Key Considerations for Integrating Mobile Technology into Health Programs
- The Future of Malaria Social and Behavior Change Communication
- The P-Process
- SBCC Check-In: Quality Standards for SBCC
- Why is IVR Important?
- Promoting Quality Malaria Medicines Through SBCC: An Implementation Kit
- SBCC for Malaria in Pregnancy: Strategy Development Guidance