Malawi - Moyo ndi Mpamba Campaign Family Health Booklet
The Family Health Booklet is an easy-to-read, integrated health promotion material, which connects families to individual-level actions, community-based initiatives and clinical services.
This pictorial booklet provides essential information on health to families to empower them to prevent illnesses and promote healthy behaviors. It helps families keep track of household-level behaviors (LLIN acquisition and use, hand washing with soap, etc.) and clinic-based behaviors (immunizations, HIV testing, family planning, child checkups and weigh-ins, etc.). Households refer to the booklet for information on how to prevent and treat illnesses. The booklet communicates on these topics mostly in Chichewa, though a few copies provided information in the languages of Tumbuka, Kyangonde, and Yao.
Between 2014 and 2016, nearly 676,000 copies of the booklet reached families in 13 districts, reaching over three million people with health messages.
More Moyo ndi Mpamba Usamalireni Malawi resources
- Zika and Pregnancy: Questions and Answers
- Healthy Timing and Spacing of Pregnancy Fact Sheet
- Family Planning Discussion Topics for Voluntary Counseling and Testing
- The Infection Control Symbol Package
- The Behavior Change Framework
- African Transformation Toolkit
- Consolidated Guideline on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights of Women Living with HIV
- GESI Toolkit
- WASH FIT / WASH FIT Mobile
- Barrier Analysis Questionnaires