Livelihoods, Agriculture and Health Interventions in Action (LAHIA) Project
The LAHIA project is funded by the USAID Office of Food for Peace with the goal to reduce food insecurity and malnutrition among poor, rural households (HH).
The project is improving the nutritional status of children under 5 and pregnant and lactating women, increasing access to food for vulnerable households, reducing vulnerability to shocks, and improving women’s participation at household and community levels.
Project interventions strive to facilitate changing perceptions, attitudes and behaviors that will lead to acceptance of women’s participation in household decisions, and achieving equity in access to and control of resources. The project uses the established Husbands’ School approach to involve men as change agents in women’s reproductive health decisions and increase inter-couple dialogues. Women’s Savings and Loan Groups and the associated, Small Businesses increase social cohesion among women, while also increasing their economic status, leadership skills, and decision-making power. Project Community Champions also help create a community-wide dialogue about women’s roles in society. Women’s leadership is also evident from the local community institutions they now participate, in such as Village Development Committees, Village Early Warning System, and WASH Management Committees.
More Trending Topic Multisector Integrated Programs resources
- Integrating Family Planning into Other Development Sectors
- MULTI-SBC: The Programmatic Aid for Multi-Sectoral Integration of SBC for FP Practitioners
- Desk Review of Programs Integrating Family Planning with Food Security and Nutrition
- Maternal Infant and Young Child Nutrition and Family Planning (MIYCN-FP) Integration Toolkit
- Biodiversity Results and Integrated Development Gains Enhanced Project (BRIDGE)
- Healthy People, Healthy Ecosystems: A Manual on Integrating Health and Family Planning into Conservation Projects
- Barrier Analysis Facilitator’s Guide
- Social and Behaviour Change — Insights and Practice
- Multisectoral Integration of SBC Programming A High-Level Exploration of Integrating Family Planning with Other Development Sectors
- Sample Creative Material Testing Report
- Wadata Project, Niger
- Integrating Family Planning into Development Food Security Activities: Formative Research with the Njira Project in Malawi
- Population, Health, and Environment Integration Programming Manual
- Implementing Integrated Population, Health and Environment Interventions in the Lake Victoria Basin
- Sharing the Land M&E Plan