Life Stage Approach Manual: Contraception Post-partum and Post-abortion Periods
This manual is from the Healthy Women of Ukraine (HWUP) program. The goal of HWUP, which runs from 2011-2016, is to protect the reproductive health of Ukrainian women and couples by increasing the appropriate and effective use of modern methods of contraception as an alternative to unintended pregnancy and associated abortion. HWUP was a follow-on project to an earlier program, Together for Health, which ran from from 2006-2011.
Evaluation of the project thus far shows the following;
- 7.8 million Ukrainians have been reached with the program's messages
- More than 25,000 people, mainly youth, have participated in FP/RH education sessions
- 87% of education session participants plan to use modern family planning methods in the future
- The number of access points for family planning and reproductive services has increased more than 300% in HWUP partner oblasts
- More than 2,600 health care providers have been trained in modern family planning approaches and counseling
The main purpose of the manual is to improve knowledge and skills of Ukrainian doctors and midlevel personnel about FP in postpartum and post abortion periods.
- Family Planning Global Handbook
- Zika and Pregnancy: Questions and Answers
- Hormonal Contraception and HIV- Technical Update
- WHO Pregnancy Management in the Context of Zika Virus
- Dengue Clinical Case Management Online Course
- Covid-19: What Do We Know about “Long Covid”?
- Community Counselor Training Manual: Doorways II
- A Guide for Planning and Implementing Social and Behavior Change Communication Activities for Postpartum Family Planning
- Scaling-Up First-Time and Young Parent Access to Postpartum Family Planning: Could Small Shifts Change the Game?
- ECP Handbook: Introducing and Mainstreaming the Provision of Emergency Contraceptive Pills in Developing Countries