Key Behavior Poster
Suaahara was a five year (2011-2016) project funded by USAID aimed to improve the nutritional status of women and children in 41 districts of Nepal. The project focused on improving health and nutrition behaviors at the household level through promotion of Essential Nutrition and Hygiene Actions (EN/HA), particularly Maternal, Infant and Young Child Nutrition (MIYCN), and addressing other determinants of under-nutrition, such as availability of and access to food, hygiene, quality of health care, child spacing and socio-cultural factors including gender and marginalization.
Suaahara was implemented by a consortium of partner organizations led by Save the Children.
The SBCC strategy established an internal quality materials review and production system to ensure that all partners in the consortium had mutually reinforcing, quality materials developed, pretested, produced and disseminated to the end user.
In the year 2014, Suaahara developed this Key Behaviors Poster emphasizes on 7 key messages that Suaahara is promoting as below:
- Extra Meal for Pregnant and Lactating Women
- Complementary Food
- Hand washing with soap water before feeding a baby
- How to keep baby away from dirt and save from sickness
- Sick Child Feeding
- Birth spacing
- Give ORS with Zink Tablet when child has diarrhea
The poster was developed, produced and disseminated in Suaahara implementing districts through local NGO partners. The main objective to develop this poster to make District Team/LNGOs/Field Supervisors aware about the key behavior that Suaahara is promoting and all Suaahara Team will be able to say the key practices. The Posters were distributed through regular meetings in each implementing districts.
The poster was also massively distributed among the household belongs to 1000 days mothers, communities, health facilities to promote and spread key messages. At the same time it is also aimed to raise the awareness level among the target groups for their realization and implementation in their practical life.
- Suaahara Training Guidelines and Participant Handbooks
- Suaahara Health Facility Operation and Management Committee Capacity Building Training and Operation Guidelines
- GESI Toolkit
- Maternal Newborn Child Health- Nutrition Quality Improvement Tools
- The Infection Control Symbol Package
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- Promoting Quality Malaria Medicine through Social and Behavior Change Communication
- SBCC for Malaria in Pregnancy: Strategy Development Guidance
- The Future of Malaria Social and Behavior Change Communication
- Malaria Case Management: Monitoring and Evaluation for SBCC