Innovation Brief: Model Provider Research Approach to Identify Barriers and Facilitators to High Quality Family Planning Services
In Côte d’Ivoire, Transform/PHARE developed and tested an intervention that captured insights from model Family Planning (FP) providers to inform recommendations to the Ministry of Health (MOH), professional associations, and FP implementing partners for replicating and facilitating the conditions for provider excellence.
This process departed from standard approaches to performance improvement because it focused on providers’ strengths rather than weaknesses and providers’ own perspectives. PHARE recommends this approach as one component of quality improvement, not as a replacement for ongoing supportive supervision.
The aim of this brief is to describe the process PHARE used to identify characteristics and needs of model providers and convert those insights into guidance for fostering high performance across the FP workforce. Implementers can follow the steps outlined in this brief to replicate the process in other FP service delivery settings.
- Innovation Brief: Breaking Down Barriers to Family Planning Access by Engaging Agents of Change
- Innovation Brief: Engaging Influencers and Non-Traditional Actors in Participatory Processes for Family Planning Program Design
- Innovation Brief: Identifying Power Dynamics Among Target Audiences and Influencers in the Project Design Process
- Innovation Brief: Translating Audience Segmentation Data into Family Planning Programmatic Action
- Birth Spacing and Family Welfare Sermons
- Lever les Tabous: La sexualité et les approches promouvant l’égalité des genres pour mettre fin aux unions et aux mariages d’enfants, précoces et forcés
- Ecological Models
- Social and Behavior Change Research Spotlights
- Evidence Review and Analysis of Provider Behavior Change Opportunities: Literature Review
- Advocating for Social and Behavior Change in Family Planning Programs: A Message Framework
- Innovation Brief: Leveraging Technology to Develop and Test Family Planning Mass Media Campaigns in Niger and Cote D’Ivoire
- Innovation Brief: Insights from Model Providers in Cote d'Ivoire to Strengthen Voluntary Family Planning Service Delivery
- Innovation Brief: The Importance of Segmentation and Tailoring Messages to Constructively Engage Men and Boys in Voluntary Family Planning
- Innovation Brief: Applying the Human-Centered Design Approach
- Innovation Brief: A Total Market Approach for Voluntary Family Planning Programming that Includes Social and Behavior Change Communication