The Importance of Segmentation and Tailoring Messages to Constructively Engage Men and Boys in Voluntary Family Planning
Segmentation is a common approach used by marketers to identify population sub-groups based on common characteristics to identify target audiences.
This approach is also used to tailor interventions and messaging around specific attitudes or behaviors. Transform/PHARE adapted traditional segmentation to prioritize those population segments most likely to change their behaviors and designed interventions tailored to their specific needs, behaviors and attitudes.
In Cote d’Ivoire and Niger, PHARE used segmentation to prioritize target audiences and develop effective FP interventions to increase voluntary FP uptake.
- Birth Spacing and Family Welfare Sermons
- Breaking Down Barriers to Family Planning Access by Engaging Agents of Change
- Engaging Influencers and Non-Traditional Actors in Participatory Processes for Family Planning Program Design
- Lever les Tabous: La sexualité et les approches promouvant l’égalité des genres pour mettre fin aux unions et aux mariages d’enfants, précoces et forcés
- Translating Audience Segmentation Data into Family Planning Programmatic Action
- Identifying Power Dynamics Among Target Audiences and Influencers in the Project Design Process
- Engaging Men and Boys: A Brief Summary of UNFPA Experience and Lessons Learned
- Essential Considerations for Engaging Men and Boys for Improved Family Planning Outcomes
- Advocating for Social and Behavior Change in Family Planning Programs: A Message Framework
- Informing Social and Behavior Change Programs using Social Listening and Social Monitoring
- Insights from Model Providers in Cote d'Ivoire to Strengthen Voluntary Family Planning Service Delivery
- Leveraging Technology to Develop and Test Family Planning Mass Media Campaigns in Niger and Cote D’Ivoire
- A Total Market Approach for Voluntary Family Planning Programming that Includes Social and Behavior Change Communication
- Applying the Human-Centered Design Approach
- Transform/PHARE Male Engagement