Hulu Betiena: An Innovative Mobile Tool for Ethiopian Families
Hulu Beteina is a mobile health (mHealth) platform in Ethiopia to support rural women and men during pre-pregnancy, pregnancy, delivery, and as parents of young children.
Designed for use on both smart and basic phones, the approach invokes a simple, easy to navigate format containing relevant, engaging, and educational content.
Specific objectives of the mobile tool include:
- To improve knowledge, attitudes and practice of high impact health practices/behaviors related to reproductive, maternal and child health.
- To generate demand for and increase uptake of RMNCH services
The app aims to empower couples to take joint action for their family’s health. The platform includes suggested actions to ensure a safe and healthy pregnancy, delivery and early childhood. Such actions might include attending early and completing antenatal care visits, choosing a family planning method, or a myriad of other small doable actions.
- Zika and Pregnancy: Questions and Answers
- My Voice Service Improvement Platform
- RapidPro Software
- WASH FIT / WASH FIT Mobile
- Creating Mobile Health Solutions for Behaviour Change: A Study of Eight Services in the mNutrition Initiative Portfolio
- The mHealth Planning Guide: Key Considerations for Integrating Mobile Technology into Health Programs
- Healthy Timing and Spacing of Pregnancy Fact Sheet
- Promoting Quality Malaria Medicine through Social and Behavior Change Communication
- SBCC for Malaria in Pregnancy: Strategy Development Guidance
- Malaria Case Management: Monitoring and Evaluation for SBCC