How to Protect Yourself in the Infodemic?
Sharing unverified information during the COVID-19 pandemic can be dangerous, unhealthy, and make our life more confusing. UNESCO and the World Health Organization are calling out this Infodemic and calling on you to be on the frontline for truth. It’s easy. Watch the video for the simple actions we can all take on how to identify false information, verify trusted sources, and help ourselves and loved ones to stay safe.
- How to Fight an Infodemic: The Four Pillars of Infodemic Management
- Framework for Managing the COVID-19 Infodemic: Methods and Results of an Online, Crowdsourced WHO Technical Consultation
- Actions to Support Media, Enhance Access to Information, and Leverage Digital Technologies in the Fight Against the Pandemic
- Fake News Can Be Deadly. Here's How To Spot It
- An Exploration of How Fake News is Taking over Social Media and Putting Public Health at Risk
- Building Trust while Influencing Online COVID-19 Content in the Social Media World
- Coronavirus: Here's How You can Stop Bad Information from Going Viral
- Local Media and Community Engagement in Humanitarian Settings
- Coronavirus: The Human Cost of Virus Misinformation
- Health-protective Behaviour, Social Media Usage and Conspiracy Belief during the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency