A How-to-Guide in Conducting Effective and Vibrant Social Mobilization Activity
The Nigerian Urban Reproductive Health Initiative (NURHI 2) project is designed to increase contraceptive use in Kaduna, Lagos and Oyo states. It is an extension of the successful NURHI Phase 1 Project (2009 - 2014) and runs from 2015 - 2020.
This second phase of NURHI builds on successful strategies implemented over a six-year period in six Nigerian cities. Through a strategic combination of service delivery, communication and advocacy, the project aims to increase demand for and supply of family planning (FP) services, ultimately leading to longterm sustainability.
NURHI 2 uses communication to increase demand for family planning among men and women through an integrated communication strategy that employs a combination of social mobilization, media campaigns, and entertainment education.
- Training on Effective Communication and Facilitation Skills
- COVID-19 Planning Guide for Adapting Risk Communication and Community Engagement as Public Health and Social Measures Shift: With Safety Tips for Conducting Community Meetings
- Economic Empowerment: A Potential Pathway for Women and Girls to Gain Control Over Their Sexual and Reproductive Health
- How to Conduct Effective Pretests
- African Transformation Toolkit
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- Guide de Formation Conseil Dépistage du VIH au niveau Communautaire: manuel à l'intention du personnel non médical
- HIV-Related Stigma and Discrimination Toolkit
- How to Mobilize Communities for Health and Social Change
- IPC for Immunization Toolkit
August 10, 2020