A How-to-Guide in Conducting Effective and Vibrant Social Mobilization Activity
The Nigerian Urban Reproductive Health Initiative (NURHI 2) project is designed to increase contraceptive use in Kaduna, Lagos and Oyo states. It is an extension of the successful NURHI Phase 1 Project (2009 - 2014) and runs from 2015 - 2020.
This second phase of NURHI builds on successful strategies implemented over a six-year period in six Nigerian cities. Through a strategic combination of service delivery, communication and advocacy, the project aims to increase demand for and supply of family planning (FP) services, ultimately leading to longterm sustainability.
NURHI 2 uses communication to increase demand for family planning among men and women through an integrated communication strategy that employs a combination of social mobilization, media campaigns, and entertainment education.
More Nigeria Urban Reproductive Health Initiative (NURHI) resources
- How to Conduct Effective Pretests
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- Collaborative Effectiveness Assessment Activity
- How to Conduct a Pretest
- How to Conduct a Situation Analysis
- COVID-19 Planning Guide for Adapting Risk Communication and Community Engagement as Public Health and Social Measures Shift: With Safety Tips for Conducting Community Meetings
- A Multi-Sector Approach to Preventing Violence
- Multi-Sector Partnerships for Preventing Violence
- Malaria Case Management: Monitoring and Evaluation for SBCC
- SBCC for Malaria in Pregnancy: Strategy Development Guidance