Health Communication Component, Pakistan - Project TV Ads
This page provides a series of television advertisements produced as part of the Pakistan Health Communication Component project, 2014-2018.
The ads include:
- Lady Health Workers - promotes and gives recognition to the Lady Health Workers’ network which is the backbone of Pakistan’s basic health care services. This network provides health related information and services to their communities at their doorstep.
- Newborn Care - on newborn care in general and specifically on delaying bath to children for at least six hours after birth for prevention from pneumonia.
- Family Planning - informs about different family planning methods to choose from, for men and women, and both short-term and long-term reversible methods of contraception, which fits your needs and circumstances.
- Birth Preparedness - talks about how birth preparedness can help families to overcome any possible complications, especially by arranging money, transportation and identification of health facility and skilled birth provider.
- Exclusive Breastfeeding - talks about the importance of exclusive breastfeeding for the first six months of a child and the benefits it has for child's growth.
- Antenatal Care - highlights the importance of antenatal care, especially at least four visits to health providers, to prevent from any possible complication before or during pregnancy
- Essential Immunizations - stresses on the importance of essential immunisation of children, even though if one has to overcome access barriers.
- Breastfeeding - underscores the importance of breastfeeding in general and specifically exclusive breastfeeding for first six months for improved health of children; it also addresses common misconceptions about breastfeeding.
- Skilled Birth Attendants - on the critical importance of skilled birth delivery during pregnancy and identifies four skilled birth attendance, namely Doctor, Nurse, Midwife and the Lady Health Visitor.
- Diarrhea - on treatment of diarrhoea and precautionary measures needed to limit the loss of water and minerals in children.
- Postnatal Care - talks about the importance of postnatal care soon after and after six hours of delivery for both mother and the child.
More Pakistan country page resources
- Entertainment-Education Curriculum
- FGM Infographics
- Training Toolkit on MSM Programming for the MENA Region
- Zika and Pregnancy: Questions and Answers
- Healthy Timing and Spacing of Pregnancy Fact Sheet
- Creating Mobile Health Solutions for Behaviour Change: A Study of Eight Services in the mNutrition Initiative Portfolio
- IPC for Immunization Toolkit
- Helping Health Workers Learn
- Open WHO
- Family Planning Discussion Topics for Voluntary Counseling and Testing