Health Communication Component, Pakistan - Project Documentaries
This page provides a series of documentaries produced as part of the Pakistan Health Communication Component project, 2014-2018.
The documentaries include:
- Bright Lives - demonstrates the efforts and impact of USAID-funded Health Communication Component (HCC).
- 'Sammi' - narrates the entire story of the USAID-funded Health Communication Component (HCC)'s entertainment-education drama 'Sammi' in a visually appealing manner. The narrative is told in the words of the lead cast, director and the technical lead. The English-language short documentary also covers development, delivery and impact of the drama serial ‘Sammi’.
- Pakistan’s First Urban Family Planning Project - provides an introduction to ‘Sukh Initiative’ a family planning project (2013 - 2018) implemented in Karachi and highlights its key interventions to building a holistic health eco-system aimed at increasing modern contraceptive use by 15 percentage points.
- Headline -speaks to the larger media community in Pakistan, and more specifically to media managers, senior journalists, and editors, to build their knowledge on population and family planning issues and also highlight reasons why this remains an underreported subject.
- Call to Life - based on the intervention that engaged Muslim scholars across Pakistan for promoting mother and child health. It gives a detailed insight into the entire activity. It comprises brief statements by Muslim scholars, representing different Islamic sects, on the issue of mother and child health and success of the intervention.
- Mohabbatein (Love Story) - focusing on factors leading to poor maternal health. It presents compelling information in a dramatic way, linking the timeless love story of the Mughal Emperor Shahjahan, who lost his wife Mumtaz Mahal while she delivered her 14th child, and issues of maternal and newborn health in Pakistan today.
- Entertainment-Education Curriculum
- Noora Health COVID-19 Resources
- Training Toolkit on MSM Programming for the MENA Region
- FGM Infographics
- Population Health & Environment Toolkit
- FGM: The Scope of the Problem in Graphics and Numbers
- Open WHO
- Family Planning and Reproductive Health Indicators Database: Male Engagement in Reproductive Health Programs
- What is Human-Centered Design?
- Basics Healthy Timing and Spacing of Pregnancy Toolkit & User Guide
- Health Communication Component, Pakistan- Music Videos and Jingles
- Health Communication Component, Pakistan- Project TV Ads
- Health Communication Component, Pakistan- Soap Operas and Films
- Our Letter to Sindh: Your Movement to Save Mothers and Children
- Health Communication Component Infographic Report
March 25, 2019