Health Communication Capacity Collaborative (HC3) Nepal
Between 2013 and 2017 CCP partnered with the Government of Nepal under the USAID-funded HC3 Nepal Project, with a focus on improving reproductive health outcomes among youth, adolescents, migrants and marginalized and disadvantaged groups through a targeted national family planning campaign.
This national-level project worked closely with NHEICC and the former Family Health Division in order to support a comprehensive, evidence-based campaign and advocacy among these groups. Nepal HC3 also developed the overall institutional and technical capacity of NHEICC through workshops and targeted technical assistance. The program worked diligently, developing high quality family planning communication materials and conducting community outreach activities
Three videos which describe the HC3 project are:
- HC3 Nepal - Pratima's Community: Join HC3 Peer Facilitator, Pratima Chaudhary, on her daily round of household visits in her Chitwan Tharu neighborhood. Through her conversations, we meet a variety of community members weighing health and family planning choices in light of their own circumstances. As a member of the community, Pratima is there to help.
- HC3 Nepal - Towards a Brighter Future - A young woman and her migrant husband, who returned home immediately in the aftermath of Nepal’s major Earthquake of 2015, reflect on that memory, and on what is most important to both of them. Their dedication to each other and to the education of their 6yr old daughter form the basis for their next family decision.
- HC3 Nepal - New Baby, New Parents - In “New Baby, New Parents,” we are introduced to a Kaski couple full of ideas and feelings about their new life as parents, ready to give the best care possible to their little one. They take action both to immunize their child, as well as to protect him and themselves against an early, unplanned pregnancy.
- Suaahara Training Guidelines and Participant Handbooks
- Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision In-Service Communication Best Practices Guide
- GESI Toolkit
- Family Planning Counselling Kit
- Entertainment-Education Curriculum
- Maternal Newborn Child Health- Nutrition Quality Improvement Tools
- Suaahara Health Facility Operation and Management Committee Capacity Building Training and Operation Guidelines
- Guide de Formation Conseil Dépistage du VIH au niveau Communautaire: manuel à l'intention du personnel non médical
- Engaging Men and Boys in Gender Equality and Health Toolkit
- Reaching First-Time Parents and Young Married Women for Healthy Timing and Spacing of Pregnancies in Burkina Faso
August 5, 2020