GREAT Scalable Toolkit
The Gender Roles, Equality and Transformations (GREAT) Project works to improve gender equity and reproductive health in Northern Uganda. GREAT uses radio drama, community mobilization, and small group discussions to promote dialogue and reflection among adolescents, with the goal of facilitating the formation of gender equitable norms and the adoption of attitudes and behaviors which may positively influence health outcomes among boys and girls, aged ten to 29.
This toolkit was developed as the centerpiece of the project and includes the following materials for use with small groups: activity cards, fact cards, flipbooks, game instructions and question cards, and discussion guides to accompany a year-long radio serial drama. (Scripts, recordings and development process description are available upon request.) The materials and activities are tailored to the lifecourse and designed to be scalable. The materials were also produced in local languages (Luo and Acholi).
- Girl Safety Toolkit: A Resource for Practitioners
- Lever les Tabous: La sexualité et les approches promouvant l’égalité des genres pour mettre fin aux unions et aux mariages d’enfants, précoces et forcés
- Harnessing the Power of Videos
- Positive Connections: Leading Information and Support Groups for Adolescents Living with HIV
- How-To Guide for a Social Network Diffusion Intervention to Overcome Social Barriers to Family Planning
- Toolkit for Transition of Care and Other Services for Adolescents Living with HIV
- Love, Children and Family Planning: Seven Discussion Guides for Christian Small Groups
- Zika Virus Disease: Questions and Answers
- Teacher Training Manual on Gender-Based Violence Prevention and Response: Doorways III
- Bringing the Community Together to Plan for Disease Outbreaks and Other Emergencies