GREAT Flipbook for Boys
The Gender Roles, Equality and Transformations (GREAT) Project works to improve gender equity and reproductive health in Northern Uganda. GREAT uses radio drama, community mobilization, and small group discussions to promote dialogue and reflection among adolescents, with the goal of facilitating the formation of gender equitable norms and the adoption of attitudes and behaviors which may positively influence health outcomes among boys and girls, aged ten to 29.
The GREAT toolkit was developed as the centerpiece of the project and includes the following materials for use with small groups: activity cards, fact cards, flipbooks, game instructions and question cards, and discussion guides to accompany a year-long radio serial drama. (Scripts, recordings and development process description are available upon request.) The materials and activities are tailored to the lifecourse and designed to be scalable. The materials were also produced in local languages (Luo and Acholi).
This flipbook was designed in story format to help very young adolescent boys learn about growing up GREAT, understand body changes and seek advice on how boys and girls can live more equally.
- Love, Children and Family Planning: Seven Discussion Guides for Christian Small Groups
- GESI Toolkit
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- IPC for Immunization Toolkit
- Girl Safety Toolkit: A Resource for Practitioners
- Toolkit for Transition of Care and Other Services for Adolescents Living with HIV
- Bringing the Community Together to Plan for Disease Outbreaks and Other Emergencies
- Infant and Young Child Feeding Recommendations When COVID-19 is Suspected or Confirmed
- The REPLACE Approach: Supporting Communities to End FGM
- SBCC for Malaria in Pregnancy: Strategy Development Guidance