GREAT Activity Cards: Married/Parenting Adolescents
The Gender Roles, Equality and Transformations (GREAT) Project works to improve gender equity and reproductive health in Northern Uganda.
GREAT uses radio drama, community mobilization, and small group discussions to promote dialogue and reflection among adolescents, with the goal of facilitating the formation of gender equitable norms and the adoption of attitudes and behaviors which may positively influence health outcomes among boys and girls, aged 10 to 29.
These activity cards are to be used to stimulate a fun group activity that includes a discussion on equality, reproductive health and safety from violence. A set of fact cards are included for reference. A subset of these fact cards is intended for younger adolescents 10-14 years: the body maps and questions and answers. There are three sets of activity cards: one set of cards for girls and boys 10 to 14 years of age, one set for young men and young women 15 to 19 years of age, and one set for newly married and parenting young people from 15 to 19 years of age.
The cards for this age group includes activities that focus on reproductive health, healthy pregnancies, planning for the future, alcohol abuse, and relationships.
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- Infant and Young Child Feeding Recommendations When COVID-19 is Suspected or Confirmed
- Toolkit for Transition of Care and Other Services for Adolescents Living with HIV
- Providing Reproductive Health Services to Young Married Women and First-time Parents in West Africa
- A Guide for Planning and Implementing Social and Behavior Change Communication Activities for Postpartum Family Planning
- Lever les Tabous: La sexualité et les approches promouvant l’égalité des genres pour mettre fin aux unions et aux mariages d’enfants, précoces et forcés
- Training Tools: Providing Family Planning and Reproductive Health to Young Married Women and First-Time Parents in West Africa
- MULTI-SBC: The Programmatic Aid for Multi-Sectoral Integration of SBC for FP Practitioners
- Saving Newborn Lives: Champions Toolkit
- IPC for Immunization Toolkit