Go Girls! Toolkit
This toolkit contains a comprehensive set of research and program interventions designed to reduce girls' vulnerability to HIV. Field tested in Botswana, Malawi, and Mozambique, Go Girls! follows a socio-ecological approach to HIV prevention by working with communities, parents, schools, and youth to protect girls. This toolkit is for program managers, implementers, and researchers working in the areas of HIV, gender or youth programming, or a related field.
Go Girls! was guided by a comprehensive, five stage research portfolio including a literature review, formative research, baseline survey, process evaluation, and endline survey.. Survey findings found: • A positive association between girls’ participation in Go Girls! and HIV knowledge • Improvements in relationships between girls and their parents who participated in the Go Families! Adult-Child Communication activity • Improvements in the school environment in Go Girls! intervention schools • Increases in legal literacy among girls and adults who participated in Go Girls!
The survey data were also used to develop and test the Vulnerable Girls Index and the Supportive Community Index. These indices can be used to assess levels of girls’ vulnerability and support for girls in communities prior to implementation as well as to measure program-related changes.
More Go Girls! resources
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- How-To Guide for a Social Network Diffusion Intervention to Overcome Social Barriers to Family Planning
- Urban Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health SBCC I-Kit
- Girl-Centered Program Design: A Toolkit to Develop, Strengthen and Expand Adolescent Girls Programs
- Driving the HIV response: Community Guide to the WHO 2013 Consolidated Guidelines on the Use of Antiretroviral Drugs for Treating and Preventing HIV Infection
- Guidance for Providing Informed-Choice Counseling on Sexual Health for Women Interested in PrEP: Kenya and South Africa
- Men's Health Kit
- Positive Connections: Leading Information and Support Groups for Adolescents Living with HIV
- Steps for Malaria Prevention and Treatment
- FGM Infographics
- Go Students! School-Based Life Skills for Girls and Boys: A Teacher's Manual
- Go Teachers! Creating a Safe and Supportive Environment for Girls at School: A Training Manual for School Personnel and Teachers
- Go Communities! A Manual for Mobilizing Communities to Take Action to Reduce Girls' Vulnerability to HIV/AIDS
- Go Families! Building Adults' Skills to Communicate with Young People: A Training Manual
- Choose Life: A Guide for Peer Educators and Youth Leaders