Go Girls! Community-based Life Skills for Girls: A Training Manual
This manual was developed to provide a safe and fun learning experience where girls can be equipped with life skills and knowledge to help maintain a happy and healthy life, stay in or return to school and feel empowered to protect themselves from HIV/AIDS. It was designed specifically for girls ages 13 - 17, who are not enrolled in school or live in very vulnerable situations.
The goal of Go Girls! is to enable positive individual and collective action to live healthy lives.
The Go Girls! Toolkit is designed to support a comprehensive program that aims to reduce girls’ vulnerability to HIV/AIDS by reaching out to communities, schools, parents and young girls; the program utilizes participatory awareness raising, community action items and skills building tools. The tools were tested in the three implementation countries – Malawi, Mozambique and Botswana—and revised based upon the feedback from the facilitators and participants in each of the three countries.
More Go Girls! resources
- Family Planning Global Handbook
- Positive Connections: Leading Information and Support Groups for Adolescents Living with HIV
- Love, Children and Family Planning: Seven Discussion Guides for Christian Small Groups
- The Facilitation Primer
- The REPLACE Approach: Supporting Communities to End FGM
- Girl Safety Toolkit: A Resource for Practitioners
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- Common Facilitation Techniques
- CERC Manual for Emergency Risk Commuication
- Go Students! School-Based Life Skills for Girls and Boys: A Teacher's Manual
- SKILLZ Street Coach's Guide
- Girls at Risk: Discussion Tool
- Go Teachers! Creating a Safe and Supportive Environment for Girls at School: A Training Manual for School Personnel and Teachers
- Go Communities! A Manual for Mobilizing Communities to Take Action to Reduce Girls' Vulnerability to HIV/AIDS