Give your Baby a Healthy Start [Brochure, Kenya]
This brochure is part of a mass media campaign in Kenya which focused on changing beliefs and behaviors among young men and women ages 25-35 to promote child spacing and informed choice of modern contraceptive methods.
With the campaign slogan of “Plan for Yourself a Good Life,” the materials were designed in local languages for radio, print, and outdoor displays in regions across Kenya where the contraceptive prevalence rates are the lowest. Messages focus on health and other benefits families receive by using family planning, including a higher quality of life for their children.
The materials also promote ANC visits and births at a health facility in order to assist Kenya to reach the
This brochure is written in a question and answer format. The following questions are included:
- What should I do if I am planning to get pregnant?
- What should I do if I think I am pregnant?
- Why is it important to deliver my baby in a health facility?
- What should I do in case I deliver my baby at home?
- What else do I need to do after delivery?
- What are the danger signs that I need to look for after birth?
- What are the danger signs that I need to look for in my newborn baby?
- Can I use a modern family planning method immediately after delivery?
- Birth Spacing and Family Welfare Sermons
- “Because my Husband and I Have Never Had a Baby Before…” Results and Lessons from Interventions with First-Time Parents in Madagascar, Mozambique, and Nigeria
- Maternal Newborn Child Health- Nutrition Quality Improvement Tools
- Do Your Own Survey: How to Collect Data on FGM
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- Questions and Answers about Breastfeeding and COVID-19
- The Behavior Change Framework
- Accelerator Behaviors
- A Guide for Planning and Implementing Social and Behavior Change Communication Activities for Postpartum Family Planning
- Self-Care: A Cost Effective Solution for Maternal, Newborn & Child Health for All