Frequently Asked Questions on Family Planning/Childbirth Spacing Methods
The Nigeria Urban Reproductive Health Initiative is designed to increase contraceptives use in selected urban sites in Nigeria (FCT, Kaduna, Ilorin, Ibadan, Zaria and Benin) with a focus on the urban poor. This is a pamphlet that lists family planning clinics and describes modern methods of family planning using a Frequently Asked Questions format.
In 2012 a midterm evaluation (Measurement, Learning & Evaluation of the Urban Health Initiative: Nigeria 2012 Midterm Survey) showed considerable improvements in Family Planning knowledge and behavior across the four Nigerian cities. The evaluation showed increases in the knowledge of family planning methods from baseline to midterm across all cities for both men and women. More than 98 percent of men and women have correct knowledge (spontaneous or probed) of at least one family planning method at midterm. The largest increases were observed in Kaduna — a 23 percentage-point increase for women and a 19 percentage-point increase for men.
- Family Planning Counselling Kit
- Men's Reproductive Health Curriculum
- Quick Guide to Vasectomy Counseling
- Frequently Asked Questions about Plague
- Suaahara Training Guidelines and Participant Handbooks
- Healthy Timing and Spacing of Pregnancy Fact Sheet
- Comprehensive Condom Programming A guide for resource mobilization and country programming
- Training Resource for Male Condoms
- No-Scalpel Vasectomy Curriculum
- Creating Mobile Health Solutions for Behaviour Change: A Study of Eight Services in the mNutrition Initiative Portfolio