Family Planning Law Campaign Creative Brief
The Family Planning Law Campaign was designed, produced and implemented by the USAID|PlanFam project, with the purpose to disseminate information about the right to family planning among rural indigenous women and men from Guatemala. The campaign was made using basic language and short sentences so as to better explain what may be complicated laws.
The campaign's goal is that, once the rights and laws are understood, it is easier for community health workers to convey messages about the benefits of family planning and make referrals to health services to obtain these services. The campaign materials included posters, pamphlets, comics, 30-second radio spots, and a 10 minute video.
Whereas the printed materials were made available in Spanish, the radio and video materials were also available in five Mayan languages spoken in the region (Kiché, Ixil, Cakchiquel, Mam, Qeqchi). The audience was also reached through entertainment education activities such as health fairs, mobile outreach vans, individual and group counseling, and community meetings.
This creative brief explains the goal, the audience, messages, content, and media for the campaign.
- Family Planning Global Handbook
- Men's Reproductive Health Curriculum
- COVID-19 Communication Materials for the Americas
- Breaking Down COVID-19: The COVID-19 Living Textbook
- Anti-Virus: The Covid-19 FAQ
- Defining and Advancing Gender-Competent Family Planning Service Providers: A Competency Framework and Technical Brief
- Hormonal Contraception and HIV- Technical Update
- COVID-19 Vaccination Communication
- Mini Provider Behavior Change Toolkit
- ETC Guidance on the Provision of Digital Communication Technologies in COVID-19 operations
- Family Planning and Law Campaign TV and Radio Spot #2
- Family Planning and Law Campaign TV and Radio Spot #3
- Tenemos Derecho a Planificar una Familiar Saludable y Feliz Poster
- Tenemos Derecho a Planificar una Familiar Saludable y Feliz Comic
- Tenemos Derecho a Planificar una Familiar Saludable y Feliz