Family Planning Contraceptive Method Leaflet
The Nepal Family Health Program (NFHP-I) was a six-year (2002-2007) bilateral activity of United States Agency for International Development, Nepal (USAID/N) with the Government of Nepal. Its overall goal was to support the Government’s long-term goal of reducing fertility and under-five mortality within the context of the National Health Policy and Second Long-Term Health Plan 1997-2017.
With a view to promoting informed family planning choice and the use of IUCD and Norplant as long-acting methods, three types of illustrative leaflets were designed, produced and distributed to all health facilities in the 17 districts for use with potential clients. The materials were also expected to be used extensively in IUD/Norplant expansion sites throughout the country.
There are three leaflets developed for use as job aids by community health workers and to be taken home by the couples who visit to the health facilities.
- All FP contraceptive methods - Condoms, Combined Oral Contraceptive Pills, 3-month injectable (Depo), Norplant and IUCD
- Family Planning Counselling Kit
- Training Resource for Male Condoms
- Suaahara Training Guidelines and Participant Handbooks
- Men's Reproductive Health Curriculum
- SBCC for Malaria in Pregnancy: Strategy Development Guidance
- Community Communication MNCH e-Manual: Participatory Health Promotion Sessions
- Promoting Quality Malaria Medicine through Social and Behavior Change Communication
- Maternal Newborn Child Health- Nutrition Quality Improvement Tools
- Suaahara Health Facility Operation and Management Committee Capacity Building Training and Operation Guidelines
- GESI Toolkit