Ethiopia One Health Steering Committee - Priority Zoonotic Diseases Prevention and Control Message Guide
This message guide provides a reference for presenting accurate, standardized, basic health information in simple language, using a health message format relevant to the prevention and management of anthrax, brucellosis, highly pathogenic avian influenza, Rift Valley fever, and rabies in Ethiopia.
It aims to:
- Facilitate coordination across sectors to ensure effective, consistent, and credible communication of messages through multiple sources and channels.
- Inform the design of activities and materials about PZDs to raise awareness, promote healthy behaviors, and mobilize communities to take preventive action.
- Provide an informational foundation to which more detailed and specific information can be added in the event of an outbreak and throughout the response and recovery phases.
The content of this guide was generated through the participation of technical experts from Ethiopia’s key One Health stakeholders- Federal Ministry of Health; Ministry of Agriculture; Environment, Forest and Climate Change Commission.
- Operationalizing One Health to Support Humanitarian Sector Outbreak Response
- Taking a Multi-Sectoral One Health Approach- A Tripartite Guide to Addressing Zoonotic Diseases in Countries
- World Bank: One Health: Operational framework for strengthening human, animal, and environmental public health systems at their interface
- FAO National One Health Framework
- Managing epidemics: key facts about major deadly diseases
- Major Epidemic and Pandemic Diseases
- One-Health in Action- Kenya Red Cross- Community Epidemic and Pandemic Preparedness Programme
- The SBCC Emergency Helix
- Communicating risk in public health emergencies: a WHO guideline for emergency risk communication (ERC) policy and practice
- Best Practices for Effective Communication during an Outbreak
- Report on Landscape Analysis on Zoonotic Diseases on Anthrax, Avian Flu and Brucellosis in Ethiopia
- Priority Zoonotic Diseases Prevention and Control Message Guide
- National Standard Operating Procedures for Risk Communication and Social Mobilization During Public Health Emergencies
- Message Guide for Zoonotic Diseases
- Guide d’informations et des messages clés “Une Seule Santé” sur les maladies zoonotiques prioritaires au Mali
March 31, 2022