Country Projects Overview - Pakistan
From 2014-2018, the Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP) led the Health Communication Component (HCC) in Pakistan, an initiative that worked to improve maternal, newborn and child health and family planning in the country’s southeastern Sindh province.
The project envisioned a Pakistan where individuals, families and communities advocate for their own health, practice positive health behaviors and engage with a responsive health care system. Central to accomplishing those goals was the development of the “Bright Star” campaign. HCC described a “Bright Star” as someone working to improve the health of his or her family, community or country. HCC's aspirational mass media campaign and comprehensive approach to community mobilization encouraged people to come together to spark meaningful behavior change to improve maternal and child health.
The Health Communication Component worked to assist Pakistanis with advocating for a stronger health care system in their country.
- Entertainment-Education Curriculum
- Training Toolkit on MSM Programming for the MENA Region
- FGM Infographics
- Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision In-Service Communication Best Practices Guide
- Reaching First-Time Parents and Young Married Women for Healthy Timing and Spacing of Pregnancies in Burkina Faso
- Lever les Tabous: La sexualité et les approches promouvant l’égalité des genres pour mettre fin aux unions et aux mariages d’enfants, précoces et forcés
- Making Content Meaningful: A Guide to Adapting Existing Global Health Content for Different Audiences
- Engaging Men and Boys: A Brief Summary of UNFPA Experience and Lessons Learned
- Hormonal Contraceptive Eligibility for Women at High Risk of HIV: Guidance Statement
- Social Franchising: Improving Quality and Expanding Contraceptive Choice in the Private Sector
- Health Communication Component, Pakistan- Project Documentaries
- Health Communication Component Infographic Report
- Health Communication Component Endline Survey
- Our Letter to Sindh: Your Movement to Save Mothers and Children
- Report and Recommendations for the ScaleUp of the Roshan Mustaqbil (Bright Future) mHealth Pilot Intervention