Country Focus: Ethiopia
Breakthrough ACTION Ethiopia is working closely with EPHI on COVID-19. To date, efforts have included technical assistance, training, tool development, and risk communication materials design, and logistical support to EPHI. The scope also includes focused support to the RCCE TWG, coordination on preparedness and response activities among several implementing partners, and training for Ethiopian Airlines flight and ground crew, as well as urban health extension workers and religious leaders.Breakthrough ACTION Ethiopia's COVID-19 work is detailed here.
This project, managed by the Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP) and John Snow International (JSI), 2015-2020, was designed to contribute to the adoption of healthy behaviors by Ethiopians in four regions (Amhara, Oromia, SNNPR, and Tigray) and build capacity at national, regional, and sub-regional levels to design, implement, and evaluate effective social and behavior change communication (SBCC) programs and interventions.
From 2001-2007, USAID via PEPFAR (through CDC) funded the Ethioopian HIV/AIDS Prevention and Control Office to establish and run an AIDS Resource Center (ARC). Its objectives included:
- The ECHO Study Report
- Guide de Formation Conseil Dépistage du VIH au niveau Communautaire: manuel à l'intention du personnel non médical
- The (re)solve Project
- Reaching First-Time Parents and Young Married Women for Healthy Timing and Spacing of Pregnancies in Burkina Faso
- HTSP Project Briefs: Niger, Togo
- HIV and Sexual and Reproductive Health Programming: Innovative Approaches to Integrated Service Delivery
- Lever les Tabous: La sexualité et les approches promouvant l’égalité des genres pour mettre fin aux unions et aux mariages d’enfants, précoces et forcés
- Creating Mobile Health Solutions for Behaviour Change: A Study of Eight Services in the mNutrition Initiative Portfolio
- “Because my Husband and I Have Never Had a Baby Before…” Results and Lessons from Interventions with First-Time Parents in Madagascar, Mozambique, and Nigeria
- Plan Stratégique National de Plaidoyer en matière de lutte contre le Paludisme (PSNPP) en Côte d'Ivoire 2018-2023